Thursday, March 4, 2010

Stacy vs Sugar ..... Day 3


In my researching of mood disorders, stress and anxiety, I kept running into one huge theme, that wasn't entirely surprising. A diet high in refined sugars, is found to make symptoms worse, a lot worse apparently. So me the biggest sugar addict of them all, is making the ultimate sacrifice :). I have given up sugar. Let me be clear b/c ppl seem to get confused on this, I am eating natural sugars, from fruit and vegs, but no refined white sugar, in any shape or form , under any name (and it hides behind a few ;)).
Things I have learned in a few short days:

1. I don't get tired or feel gross, if I don't eat sugar.
2. Sugar Hides in EVERYTHING, my supposedly healthy whole grain bread is a great example of this. So its not a matter of just avoiding sweets, its much more complicated than that.
3. Fruit really ISSSS better tasting then chocolate.

Let me repeat .. b/c I can't believe I said it. FRUIT IS BETTER THAN CHOCOLATE. seriously, ever eat a fresh rasberries and not been happy afterwards?? nope didn't think so. ;)

4. I am addicted to the stuff, and I am not alone.
5. I am capable of giving the crap up, if it means I will be happier, live longer and set a good example for my daughter.

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Wow. Sounds like a major undertaking! I wish you luck, and look forward to your updates!
    I am not sure I have what it takes to give it up sugar...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better you than me!! Good luck! I could never do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! I'm a sugar addict too but I'm not sure I could give it up. My body might go into shock!

    ReplyDelete