Saturday, September 25, 2010

Pecan crusted sweet potatoes

These pics are of the process, not the finished product in case anyone wonders. But here they are, and my little chef in the making preparing the topping. I am not a big potato eater so I find I need to fancy them up some how, I dont like the marshmellow candy ish type recipes for sweet potatoes, but topping them with a little brown sugar cinnamon crust them the adding of the pecans... its like heaven would taste if you could eat it....
side note: it occurred to me while watching W put the topping together (yes I watched her put the topping together, I opened packages, handed her the tools but she did it... all if of it on her own), that my 4yr old just may be a better cook that some adults I know, lol. She still doesn't use the oven but I can only imagine what the yrs will bring with her cooking at my side, I truly hope she loves it let if only half as much as I do, and remembers us in the kitchen together as fondly as I surely will.

1 comment:

  1. Awww! Great post! I often feel the same about cooking/baking with my girls! It's such a great time to bond and just *be* together!

    ReplyDelete