Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A decorator I am not.



I am woman who likes to play to my strengths, lol. Decorting, NOT one of those strengths. I give it the Ol' college try, but really its beyond me. So I keep things simple and muted. Greens, nature colours, brown, lots of brown, Looks nice to me, and generally others compliment my "style" or lack there of , lol. (besides my mom who HATES brown, and has everything in her apartment painted blue ( I kid you not, plus bears... so many bears you have nightmares about bear attacks.... but I digress ;)).
We are moving and i have the daunting task of picking colors this weekend for the painters. ugh, I am trying to go out of my comfort zone I was thinking of a slate grey colour for the living, but those are the two (bottom two) paint samples i Liked, dark green, and not so dark green, lol.
WDYT? good for a living room, with a green and cream couch, and brown curtains, and rug.... geeze I am boring eh? ROFL.

Wave is a little more adventurous and has decided on PINK, not just pink, but PINK. Paint the world pink:).

2 comments:

  1. I actually like the green that's the third from the bottom. It's light enough that you could put some pretty wild things with...and it could grow with you, as you decide if you like it or not...ykwim? We've moved into a house that's been painted all neutral colors with darker shades (of the same color) as accent walls. But, when the money comes in...???...I'll be painting my front hall a light butter cream yellow, my kitchen will be some shade of red and Erika's big girl room will likely be magenta. Her current nursery is rainforest green. I like bold. Bright, bold, HAPPY colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The problem I have with the third green is that its almost the same as the color we chose for our last apt, and it turned out looking really pale, when actually on the wall, I find the samples are always a little darker then they actually look. BUT that being said, I do like the look of it on the paper, :).

    I like the idea of girls room in Magenta :).

    ReplyDelete