Sunday, July 18, 2010

Surprise Party and Wii fun.








YES! I did it! I managed to plan and throw P a surprise 35th bday party! Woot. Complete with Dairy Queen ice cream cake :), his fave. All the food was eaten , which is always the sign of a good party. It hits me , finally that most ppl probably make tried and true recipes, they have made before when they have a party of ppl coming over, but me, NOOOO, I made almost nothing that I had made before, all with a broken oven and nothing to fall back on, lol.

German potato salad, not exactly by recipe but close and to our personal liking (every recipe I found contained too much vinegar for our liking).
black bean salsa
spinach dip,
traditional greek salad
traditional (anchovies and coddled eggs and all) cesar salad
homemade spinach feta burgars, and southwest pasta salad, With loads of chips and burgers etc etc.
It was all stuff I had sneak past P, without him catching on, luckily me making loads O food for no reason is nothing new, so he suspected nothing, lol. haha. ( I think the fact that I could make 5 or 6 salads, 5 dips, and homemade burgars with him barely batting an I says A LOT and its probably not good LOL).

For his bday he got a Wii. W is VERY happy about this, and kids catch on to things so quickly , she has now played a total of 4 times and just bowled a 116, when he first game she bowled a 50.
haha, she will be kicking my ass soon :).

3 comments:

  1. Ha, Ha 35! How I wish...
    Looks like a fun day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on pulling it off! Sounds like you had a great time... especially being so sneaky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's excellent!! I know what you mean, our kids will be so beyond us so soon it's scary! Glad everything went smoothly!

    ReplyDelete