Monday, January 4, 2010

Beer braised apples and Pork Chops



In looking at the pics I am not sure if this actually looks appetizing, lol, but I can assure you its actually quite good.
The brown sauce is a brown butter sage sauce.
Any braised meat is generally better if a thicker cut. I only had rather thin fast fry chops, so I seared for a minute each side and braised for only 5-7 min in total. Thats why I added the brown butter sage sauce, with a chop this thin, I figure there was no way I could braise it in the beer sauce long enough to achieve the exact flavour I wanted, so I improvised. That's what I do, lol.
This another under 3o min meal. I went with simple minute rice and boiled corn topped with butter for sides, let the pork and apples shine.

4 comments:

  1. Pork and apples here too tonight. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious! I'm not much of a cook but I'm going to try your recipe for supper tonight(thanks for making it so specific!).

    ReplyDelete