Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Using the Sexy Beast for the first time.



K, so I finally got to break out the pasta maker I got for Christmas. I think there is a learning curve ;). Haha! Was what I made good? Sure, the flavour was excellent in fact, BUT, all that you see in the pan, is ALL that I made, I have half a medium sized bowl left of ricotta/spinach filling. My pasta is TOO thick and too large, I am not beating myself up over it, but am determined to do better next time, and make next time very very soon ;). Patrick says it tasted FANTASTIC, and b/c they were so large and thick it was very filling, lol.

8 comments:

  1. Wow....that brings back some memories! My mother and grandmother both made pasta/noodles. I remember the dining room table covered in noodles drying. Definitely something that takes practice!

    On another note....I like your music player. Its so funny that you have Weezer on there. DD has been playing 'Island in the Sun' the last few days and I don't know what they are actually saying but it sounds like HEP! HEP! and I think of you every time! LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMMMMERS! :)

    you'll totally get the hang of it, i'm sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the title. ;) This makes me want the pasta maker attachment for the Kitchenaid!

    ReplyDelete
  4. an attachment for the kitchenaid mixer...LJ you are my new best friend. I would LOVE to try this some time....if you ever need a taste tester and Patrick isn't available you know where to find me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. by this i mean making pasta, so please post your recipe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well the recipe is not mine, and I don't know if I love it, b/c it didn't work out to well, I can post a link to it though for you to try. I mean the flavour is AWESOME, but the actual pasta, not so much and i am still trying to figure out if it was me, or the recipe was off.

    http://www.grouprecipes.com/81180/ravioli-con-ricotta-e-spinaci-ravioli-stuffed-with-spinach-and-ricotta-cheese.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. A pasta maker... I so love love love it!

    ReplyDelete