Thursday, January 7, 2010

Chef's aren't made, they are born.....


And this where mine is honing her skills ;). In the drawer behind the kitchen she has a mix of real (although miniature) utensils and play ones that came with the kitchen. She helps me cook dinner almost every night. She already knows how to make cheesecake, like a pro, ( I just have to hold the mixer of course), and watches for pancakes to brown along the edge and bubble in the center before telling me to flip.
Last year Waverly received a computer for Christmas (she was 3), she has since mastered every game she owns and can work her computer better then I can. Daddy is SO proud.
This year with the kitchen , and utensils, aprons and recipe books (yes she has her own kid recipe books), I hope to instill in her a love of everything food. Not to push her to be a chef or food critic etc etc, but to pass onto her something i love soooo dearly, something that makes me happy. So no matter where she goes in the world , she will feel at home (or maybe even like she is with me) whenever she enters a kitchen.

2 comments:

  1. that is quite the kitchen set... certainly fuels the imagination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is one cute kitchen! :)

    is yours tink to match ;)

    ReplyDelete