Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Moussaka


Oh my, this was goooooooooooooooooooood.
I had never even heard of Moussaka when it was suggested on LMs that I try making it. So this is my first attempt. My bechamel topping should be thicker, its not even as pictured in the recipe. That was a result of me not having the proper size dish and layering the meat sauce too thick. At least i know what to work on.
Beyond that though, I can't think of a thing wrong with this dish. Patrick and I stuffed ourselves and can't wait for tomorrow for leftovers, even our neighbor is happy to be feasting on it.
The smell of the cinnamon and nutmeg, with the tomatoes and beef, I repeat, OH MY, drool.
Waverly even commented on the smell when she came home from school, its like what heaven must smell like :).
http://www.foodnetwork.ca/recipes/Main/Beef/recipe.html?dishid=7238
here is the recipe I used. I wouldn't dare change a thing.

3 comments: